Auction on Site Saturday 10th February 2018 if Not Sold Prior
Expected Bidding $1.95 Million
Once in a Lifetime Opportunity
Noahs Retreat - Wildlife Refuge
Zoned Environmental Living
Private Large Modern Farm Building
Modern kitchen, lounge, bedroom/study, deck
This property is a fabulous proposition for just about everyone. There are several uses for this land which gives the new owner many different opportunities to suit their requirements. There simply is nothing else available that provides you with land, housing and animals in complete privacy in the middle of suburbia. There is a tranquil creek area that winds through the property with 4 separate paddocks - all fully fenced with extensive electric fencing that is only 2 years old. Enter the property through commercial grade automatic security gate (keypad opening, remote opening from house or remote app opening option, cattle grid entry). No scripting gives this property justice as you need to see it to believe it. Some of the many different options available:
Dual Occupancy: The property currently has a 3 bedroom house at the front of the land that is rented out for $380 per week. These tenants are wanting to stay if you desire. This house is fenced separately to the main house and grounds.
Hobby Farm: The main property and paddocks are set up perfectly for the hobby farm, with electric fencing and cages all set up and ready to go. The animals are still around so you can take the farm over as it currently exists if you so desire.
Commercial Entity: The possibilities relating to rental capabilities are endless, it simply depends on which way you would like to utilise the property. The front house currently rents for $380 per week, farm building has a potential rental of $250 per week, potential rental for the main house is $600 per week as a traditional rental house, potential rental for the paddocks for agistment is $70 per horse with 2 horses per acre over 4 acres, equating to $560 potential income per week.
Share house/ or shared accommodation: The main house has also been used for shared accommodation with each bedroom rented for $250 per week. This is a return of $1,000 per week for the main house alone.
The main house could also be used as an air B&B with rental return of $220 per night for 4 bedrooms giving a potential rental return of $6,160 per week. The study is large enough to convert to a 5th bedroom giving further opportunity for income.
Development Application plans prepared for accommodation lodge and outbuldings for an eco tourist resort. These are available on request.
The country style main house comprises:
- 4 double bedrooms - all with built in robes, separate air conditioning, ceiling fans, TV & satellite points
- The main bedroom has a large ensuite with corner bath, walk in robe & wall mount for TV
- Main bathroom has plenty of space
- Huge country kitchen, Bosch ovens, expansive dining & lounge area with wall mount for TV
- Fabulous inground pool with extensive surrounding tropical landscaping. Huge cabana area with full his & her amenities (toilets & showers). Cedar building with floodlighting. Cabana entertaining area is set up with 6m x 3m outdoor movie screen & projector
- Electric automatic gate upon entry to the property with expansive private road with large ten vehicle fully tarred floodlight carpark
- 35 square metres of vegetable gardens (3 station computerised irrigation)
- Extensive grapes, kiwi fruit, passion fruit & other climbers on custom trellises (automatic computerised irrigation)
- 27 established livestock protected fruit trees (automatic computerised irrigation)
- 5 relaxing bbq areas for use on the grounds to select from
- 15 camera Samsung security system
- 24 solar panel system (site lighting has energy saving LED)
Other buildings associated with main house
- Double garage & workshop area with bench
- Private large modern farm building (modern kitchen, lounge, rear room & deck)
- Private cabana/meeting room in tranquil treetops setting overlooking the creek
- 3 extra cedar outbuildings, 1 x (6 x 3m) 2 x (3m x 3m) all with concrete floors
- 1 x (6 x 3m) portable site shed
- Stables, 2 large stables with separate fenced yards (additional adjacent day yard)
- 2 x (6m x 7m) pergolas (front paddock)
- 11 built in bench seating areas with 3 built in timber tables in peaceful bush settings
- Open fire area
- Camping areas throughout with 22 taps
Animal/ bird enclosures (to be discussed with potential buyer)
- Fully automated computerised watering systems for animals
- 2 free range Alpacas (maintains paddocks)
- 5 free range Chickens
- 4 free range Guinea Fowl
- 1 large Peacock enclosure (several peacocks)
- 7 bird enclosures (with various species of birds)
- 2 Rabbit enclosures
- 1 mini Pig enclosure and large hutch
- 1 free range shed (near entry gate)
- 1 mini horse
- Free range peacocks
- Several free range geese and turkeys
- Fixed animal feeders. Waterers in shed
- Animal feed storage drums for above
- 3 double bedrooms
- Freshly painted throughout
- Country eat in kitchen with original fire stove/oven
- Lounge room with combustion wood heater
- Covered deck area overlooking wildlife refuge
- Large yard approximately 600 square metres
- Workshop storage underneath
- Large storage shed
This property has had extensive work done to it over the past 10 years to make it what it is today. This is simply spectacular - from the separated paddocks to the incredible building and outbuildings with swimming pools, and irrigation systems to the animal enclosures. No expense has been spared - including but not limited to:
1. Two dams with dual plumbing irrigation fitted to service all areas to mid paddocks
2. Firepump which connects to both dams irrigation systems
3. $58,000 worth of fence improvements, upgrade to extra paddocks, 2/3 dogmesh
4. Full perimeter and internal electric fencing
5. Extensive ground levelling to make areas usable
6. 22 taps fitted to the property with several hundred metres of underground plumbing
Finally, Noahs Retreat is allowed to cater for the following under private ownership:
If anyone is looking for a relaxing and fun alternative venue to host any function, alcohol free party or children's party for up to 120 people please consider Noahs Retreat. Perhaps you are looking for a getaway camping venue for a weekend camp for up to 40 people? Night/ day functions for weddings/engagements/business conferences/meetings and birthdays for larger groups up to 160 people. Therefore you are able to conduct the abovementioned on your property as a private owner.
Where else in the greater Newcastle area can you find 5.2 acres of land with several buildings and potential for further development? (Subject to LMCC approval). There are so many facets to this property that you need to take the time to talk to us and visit. Do yourself a favour and come along to enjoy the ambiance that this spectacular community centre offers. Noahs Retreat was originally bought and developed to create a sanctuary for the underprivileged. This retreat has been lovingly run by volunteers as a non-profit organisation over many years. The property is immaculate and is a testament to the incredible work done by so many people over so many years. Simply move into a property of 5.2 acres with no work to do.
I look forward to meeting you over the coming weeks.